Part-Time Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) - Aquatics
Location: Carmel, IN
Position Description: We are currently seeking a qualified and passionate Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) – background focus in Aquatics to work with individuals, staff, and families utilizing the principles and procedures of applied behavior analysis. The ideal candidate for this position has ability to collaborate with community organizations and ancillary services, and a genuine passion for working with individuals and families. Reliable transportation, flexibility and a love for a team environment is essential. The COTA provides unique aquatic therapeutic services to enhance the goals and objectives of patients. The COTA is primarily responsible for implementing the therapeutic program prescribed by the occupational therapist.
- Conduct therapy that promotes attention, acquisition of motor skills and sensory processing
- Observe, problem solve and suggest positioning techniques to enhance educational participation and maximize function.
- Consult and assist staff through gathering and sharing information at team meetings when requested.
- Discuss and exchange information about the patients assigned with the occupational therapist.
- Implement the individualized/small group therapeutic program prescribed by the occupational therapist based on goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with colleagues and parents in order to share information and expertise to plan and implement effective patient programs.
- Assist occupational therapist in determining extent to which goals and objectives are being met by collecting and maintaining data on individual patient goals.
- Assist therapist in formulating new goals based on data analysis.
- Valid State Licensure as a COTA
- Aquatic Therapeutic Exercise Certification (Preferred)
- CPR/First Aid/Life Guard Certification
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English to understand directions and communicate with students.
- Experience working with students with special needs preferred.
- Ability to physically move about the building.
- Ability to lift and position students (30-80 pounds) in an aquatic environment.
- Ability to make minor decisions with minimal supervision in accordance with established procedures.
To apply, please submit your online application, along with your resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all applicants.