Accounts Receivable Specialist
Current Openings: Indianapolis North
Description: Responsible for timely daily Accounts Receivable resolution in accordance with reimbursement policy and procedures. Is responsible for seeking resolution to problem payers and generating revenue by researching outstanding payer claims. Generates appeals, monitors and pursues delinquent accounts.
- Examine denied claims, and work through the claim denial process for resubmission or other appropriate resolution
- Works Insurance Accounts Receivable reports per Accounts Receivable work plan
- Submits written appeals to insurance carriers when applicable and ensures timely follow-up regarding status.
- Ensures timely follow-up of outstanding claims/balances
- Maintains strong working knowledge of ABA coding or the specific specialty in which the Accounts Receivable is assigned.
- Month end reporting of accounts
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of the Accounts Receivable function compliant with Federal and State regulations and procedures.
- Understands and adheres to all external accreditation review standards, applicable state, local and Federal laws and/or regulations including maintaining patient confidentiality through abiding by HIPAA laws/regulations
- Understands and adheres to all company policies and procedures
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in a warm, helpful and effective manner to all departments
- Accurate and organized with the ability to multitask
- Follows through on all assigned tasks and in a timely manner
- Sets high goals or standards of performance for self with the ability to apply organization skills
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external customers as well as all company employees
- Takes initiative to present ideas/suggestions to management utilizing proactive problem-solving approach
Position Key Indicators:
- Utilizes appropriate communication lines in relaying problems, concerns, questions, and ideas
- Demonstrates concern for all aspects of the job and accurately checks processes and tasks to ensure quality output
- Displays a neat, clean, and professional appearance at all times
- Handles all insurance calls with professionalism to build constructive and effective relationships
- Promotes PHI culture by providing quality, comprehensive services to all customers through a team approach
- Competent with office computer program (i.e. EZClaim)
- Competent at partner programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills required
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, and multitask is required
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in medical field (preferably ABA Therapy) with a working knowledge of managed care, commercial insurance, and verification processes preferred
- Full health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid holidays, flex days and vacation days
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience and certification
- Reduced cost childcare for employees
- 401(k) plan with employer match
To apply, please submit your online application, along with your resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all applicants.